Sunday, June 21, 2009

summer!

ahhh! it's finally summer! the season we await with the such anticipation has finally arrived.

with it brings (and i will probably be mentioning this even more often) the whole Glasgow experience .... in 2 weeks!!!!!

How am i feeling about it?

Oh gosh, i feel like a pregnant woman (yea i knw... how would i know, i've never been pregnant lol)- my emotions seem to be everywhere and i can't understand them.

I have adjusted to Glasgow by going through complete different phases. When i first heard about it, another 4 students were interested so i was really keen on getting in, and when i was finally chosen - i was over the moon happy and excited like you wouldn't believe.

Then when the preparations started i was starting to lose heart and think i will never end up going after all because i couldnt find accommodation, and it was coming soooo expensive.

then once i figured EVERYTHING out, i was feeling totally excited, and really looking forward.

Which brings me to the current phase...

one of complete and utter fear and regret, i can't believe i'm saying this but i don't even want to go now. It hit me how much i'm going to miss my parents, my home life, my friends, my surroundings. Saying that i am completely sad and depressed is an understatment. I am definitely not backing out now, coz i'm sure i'm feeling normal emotions, but i just want everything i guess. I want to go to Glasgow but i dont want to leave my life behind for 3 months. I'm not too sure about my friend, the one who is coming with me, we are very good friends but you know what they say- u see a person's true colours when you live with them! So for this - i am very nervous. Not to mention we are 2 completely and utterly different persons!

Then there is the job... I hope i'll be good. I'm nervous i won't be able to cope and that i would just simply be a BAD social worker.

Then there is the Thesis worry... I'm quite ahead actually but still so scared i won't finish on time or do a good job.

I hope these fears are unfounded. I'm so thankful of the support i have at home and with my friends. I seriously do not know what i would do without them.

And of course to this blog who i actually write my trials and triumphs to... and i'm sure will continue to do so.

much love y'all
xxxx

PS if u read through this rant you seriously deserve a gold medal! :)

2 comments:

xtinAngel said...

hey girl, first of all I want to say:I BELIEVE IN YOU!

I don't blame you for being scared, heck, who wouldn't, but I know you will do great.

Regarding the job, you will definetly cope and be an asset to the place you'll be working at. You will be a GREAT social worker(and i will knock down anyone who says otherwise:-)

regarding the thesis, as you said you are ahead, you've prepared everything that is humanly possible, and you have already done a good job with what you already done. I know you and I can say the rest will be as good if not better especially after your upcoming experience in Glasgow.

regarding the roomate, you have know each other for years, you already know what to expect and you can handle anything she throws at you. altough I will be far away, I will always be here if you need to rant. lol. Just like this blog, we are both still gonna be here. lol:-)

lol, what a long comment, but who cares. I just hope it helps you or at least makes you smile:-) take care girl and altough i will miss you I am so happy for you. it's one of your dreams coming true so smile and get ready to live your life, live your dream.

Unknown said...

What your experiencing is completely normal and scottish people are some of the friendliest people I know! Although, takes a while to understand their accent but love it all the same :)

Your going to LOVE it! x