Monday, September 28, 2009

summer is over

........ and what a summer it has been!!

I knw, i know i havent written ANYTHING about Glasgow.... I loved it so much and it was the best experience of my life (so far... hoping i will have some more good experiences lol)

What can i say? everything worked out, i did brilliantly at my placement (loved it all so much, the colelagues, the kids - they were disabled but the sweetest ever) I just loved Glasgow's atmosphere, i loved the people (ever so friendly) i just LOVED it! I had some downs though... i had some arguments with my room mate (not very bad ones, just regular conflicts) and my landlady was a total nightmare, however overall it was great! Much to my surprise i didnt have any problems what so ever with the accent, in fact i picked it up myself! it went away though as fast as it came!

I came home just a week ago, and i am so confused about being back home, i loved seeing my family, my pets and my house but i am back to the Maltese mentality, doing things to get something in return, and the ignorance of the popolace. I feel so weird here, like something is wrong - i am much more critical of Malta now, and i feel so out of place, like i just don't belong. My mother was telling me i have changed, and i have.. living on your own in another country does something to you, it changes you and really opens your eyes. It changes you for the better... for sure.

OVerall i am glad i'm back with the family and my friends... however i wish i was still in sauchiehall street and in buchanan galleries! haha.

much love to all
xxxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy you had such a lovely experience! Come to London next time :) x

xtinAngel said...

Oh I miss Glasgow too and I was only there for a week. I know you miss it pupa but I'm really glad you are back so we can meet up more often. just hang in there pupa.